Today I restored backup of wordpress to another website. Here I am sharing the steps of how I completed the wordpress restore process.
First I created Database in MariaDB.
CREATE DATABASE dbname;
You’ll see this output confirming it was created.
Output Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
To see the database
SHOW DATABASES dbname;
and then created user db user and password
GRANT ALL ON dbname.* TO 'dbusr'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
Imported the Database backup to newly created Database
mysql -u dbusr -p dbname < /var/www/username/mysql-backup.sql
Updated the urls by editing wp_options table
SHOW wp_options; select * from wp_options where option_value = 'https://olddomain.com'; update wp_options set option_value = 'https://newdomain.com' where option_id = 1;
Changed the admin password
SHOW wp_users; select * from wp_users where id = '1'; UPDATE wp_users SET user_pass="PASSWORD" WHERE ID = 1;
Created password using md5 Hash Generato
After that logged in the admin area and tried to upgrade the wordpress. But got error as
The update cannot be installed because we will be unable to copy some files. This is usually due to inconsistent file permissions
So changed ownership of folder
chown -R nginx:nginx foldername
Installed Velvet Blues Update URLs plugins in wp admin area and updated the urls in Tools -> Update URLs
Success! Your URLs have been updated. Results 2280 Content Items (Posts, Pages, Custom Post Types, Revisions) 180 Excerpts 0 Links 18649 Attachments 159 Custom Fields