Here is the step by step instruction for upgrading client exec to the latest version.
1. Download the latest version of Client Exec from their site. (https://www.clientexec.com/download.php)
2. Login to the web hosting control panel and download the MySQL backup of client exec database.
3. Connect FTP and download config.php file and ‘uploads’ folder to your local computer.
4. Rename existing public_html folder to something like ‘client_exec_version number
5. Create a new public_html folder and upload all the files in the latest version in BINARY mode only.
6. Re-upload config.php file and ‘uploads’ folder and overwrite it.
7. Then Go to http://your_websitename/install.php and follow the onscreen steps.
Perform the necessary upgrade steps (including ClientExec login)
Upon completion, your ClientExec will be updated to the latest version!